Sunday, June 3, 2007

Long doll

Yes, this is one very, very long doll. She is 109cms, or 43 inches. The pattern says she should be 47 inches, but I made her legs shorter, I thought with her arms not so long the legs looked odd. Anyway, I made this because my craft group bought the pattern for members to try. I think 3 others made the same doll. I'm not good with faces, so forgive her if she looks a bit strange. Most of the fabric was from my grandmother (anyone would think she has too much since she keeps giving it away LOL) I did get a comment about how old the green florals must be, I think her skirt fabric is around the same. I did buy the green gingham for her legs, and the maroon. Her hair was only $2 at the local crafty shop.
Anyway, she is the first doll I've made from a pattern, and I have another now I might try next. The strange thing with this pattern is that her arms and legs aren't attached to her body, they are glued in to her sleeves and knickers (I sewed them instead)

No comments: