Sunday, April 25, 2010

On Mother's Day

I've realised that even though I am no longer on the Parents Club I still see things and think "oh, that would be good for the Mother's Day stall". So I thought "I should share these online"... and here we are. I picked up this frame at Kmart for $1.50. There were also red ones with the Wiggles in place of Dorothy. They're plastic, but I think if you really wanted to you could paint it with an acrylic and sealer. The back comes off so I've cut some scrapbooking paper to size. There is glass in 2 of the frames, so I found some Barbie accessories and put them behind it before replacing the back. My 4 year old daughter would be most miffed if I actually sold these, but she's happy to have it in her room. For a stall you could just print out Mum verse or have more decorative paper or pictures behind the glass. If you know someone good with making miniatures that could help too. Something out of card or beads.



Often when I'm out I see cheap mugs and cups. I found these 2 at Sam's Warehouse on a clearance table, they were just 97c each. There were a number of different ones in both ranges, although only about 6 with the Dad theme. Usually these will be $2 closer to Father's Day, which is still a good price for a mug. It doesn't cost much for tea or coffee sachets, it's a good idea to include sugar as most people would use it. A bag of toffees or wrapped lollies does a few cups and you can keep the price pretty low. I've photographed these with Coffee Shots from NQR, they were only 50c a packet. You just need to check dates on foods obviously.



And finally, this is a notebook cover. You get a pack of post-it notes and use card stock to make the cover. I've decorated this one with a fabric and a paper flower attached with a brad. I've bought Target brand post-it notes for $2 for a pack of 4 x 100 sheets. I use about 50 sheets in one cover but you could use 100 if you prefer. The mini pens were $2 for 4 and I think it would be a nice cheap pack to make up. You can get other mini gel pens, but I think mostly they are similarly priced. Best of all these covers are refillable!

No comments: