Friday, May 18, 2007

Craft Group

I go to a craft group once a week, which sometimes gives me the opportunity to make stuff I mightn't otherwise. Last term we were supposed to make bags, only I was slack and didn't want to buy pellon and lots of fabric, so I ended up making mine in the school holidays. (I ended up using calico instead of the pellon too)

I'd found the floral fabric for this bag on special at Spotlight for about $2mtr. I looked everywhere for something to match the aqua flowers with no luck - everything was too blue or too green. The plain panels were actually from an upholstery swatch my grandmother gave me years ago (she used to work in a furniture shop) I even remembered to put an inner pocket before I sewed in the lining. Because this was a first go I just used the stripy fabric I found for $1, but it looks ok as a lining.


I told mum about not being able to find the right aqua colour for the other bag, so after going through her fabric she had the exact colour I was after. I'd like to make another brown bag, but first I made this one. Mum also bought the cool ric rac because the colours went with the other bag, and the patterned fabric was from another swatch from Nanna. I love the retro 70's look of this fabric and had to use it!


And finally, I didn't make this, but the wonderful ladies that make up the craft group each made a square for this quilt and another made it up. It was given to my baby girl around her first birthday, and I just love it!

2 comments:

Daynoir said...

any black with retro?? ;)

lisa said...

Heh... not really... I do have a great orange and brown with black though. But I like the blue/green, could always try that with black if you like it (I think I have enough of at least one to make another bag)